Re: strftime("%z",...) on Solaris does NOT work!

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: strftime("%z",...) on Solaris does NOT work!
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:43:35 +0200

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Christian Hopp wrote:

>> > Great! But hurry up, we need to release monit tomorrow.
>> >

>> GNU strftime is a real biest!!!!  The third I have tried seems to work...
>> sh-utils 1.16 is okay... 2.0 gave seg-faults... core-utils 5.0 does not
>> even compile.
>>

> I hope we can do a clean POSIX hack for then next version!

It's my fault, I replaced a working version you already had coded[1],
with %z because I thought it was simpler and more easy to use. But
with all the work you had to go through with this on Solaris I'm
wondering of it was worth it. Ah, well now it's done, but I'll try not
to be so fast in the future :-/

[1] See get_RFC1123date:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/monit/monit/util.c?rev=1.55&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
--