Re: 4.0 showstopper?

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: 4.0 showstopper?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:51:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

We should plan for the next release to find a way to prevent
possible race conditions by making all those function reentrant like
it done for sendmail.c.  Now preventing global data is more important
than before.  Or we might want to rethink the whole multithreadded
aspect in a highly critcal application like monit.  => Let me say it
this:

  Is multithreaded code anyhow appropriate for system critical
  applications?

Just a thought for the night...

CHopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113