Another 4.0 problem!

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Another 4.0 problem!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:31:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

The monit CLI interface doesn't behave correctly... in SSL and nonSSL.
Monit is neither starting or stopping an app.  The status is done locally
and monit is often complaining "The monit server did not return a process,
device, file, directory or host record." => Socket connection is
successful... but unknown data has been received.

In most case monit does receive 0 bytes from the http server. Sometimes it
just does local status.

If I inspect it in gdb it seems not to complain it simply does the
local status.

It seems that first of all there is something in socket_read...
--- status.c, remote_status() ---
    if(0>(n= socket_read(sock, buf, BIGSTRLEN))) {
---
which is returning -1 or 0.

But the http support via web browser is working. => problem might be on the
client side.

I can verify this bug back to 4.0beta4... thats the oldest I have!

Now I have tried a much smaller and simpler monitrc (just 7
check... compared to 78 in my real-life server monitrc)... and it
works perfectly fine!  Any idea????

CHopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113