Re: it scares me a bit...

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: it scares me a bit...
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:57:13 +0200

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:49:14PM +0100, Vlada Macek wrote:
> In case external reg-exp library is used, you'll end up relying
> on external library software. IMHO it will not worth the
> result, majority will not use it.

Err... and then I'd vote for libtre for approximate regexp
matching -- development is development, and kiddies tend to
differ a bit in web tracks.

> Immature idea: What about to add some action command line
> the monit alerting machinery from the external script?

It's *exactly* what I've talked about. :)

> And for the OSS project future topic, I present the example of
> GNU C Compiler. I expect no new features from it, it's already
> perfect AND it's far from being the dead project (both from my
> point of view). It does what I need and it hardly could do it
> better.

Well no, its optimizations are quite imperfect, according to
local gcc/CPU gurus... but that's quite another matter mirrring
quite another facet of the harsh reality.

And it's not runtime software for the most of it.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <address@hidden>