Re: monit CHANGES.txt gc.c l.l monitor.h p.y util.c...

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: monit CHANGES.txt gc.c l.l monitor.h p.y util.c...
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:19:58 +0200

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 02:00:32PM +0100, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> I beg to differ :-) Judging by your use of metaphors and talk
> about runtime and linking I'm not quite convinced that you do
> not confuse this with an interpreter-system like Ruby.

No, I've actually written some C code during B.Sc. in Chemistry.

And am routinely maintaining some hundred packages in ALT Linux,
naturally part of them are in C too.

> > It's just a parser (the result being linked in a running monit)
> Not into a running monit, it's linked in at compile time into
> the binary executable and not loaded at runtime nor from any
> dynamic library.

I've meant that the code ends up present in the process
(build-time linking, my fault on wording, sorry).

> You wouldn't go to the GCC project and tell them to stop using
> a parser-generator for parsing source code files would you?

*sigh*.  Sorry for offending you, I was talking of a different
thing.

No more stolen time, sorry again.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <address@hidden>