monit-general

Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitore

From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Subject: Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitored
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 11:08:44 +0300

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 9:03 AM Lutz Mader <lutz.mader@freenet.de> wrote:
> But based on a fast check, I can not find some additional scripts to do
> a shutdown in the package monit-5.25.1-lp151.2.3.x86_64.rpm
>
> Some other plattform specific monit packages use additional script
> samples to give some help. But sometimes the scripts are not useful.

I would exclude the possibility of explicit Monit commands on shutdown
or restart, due to the fact that I use a custom (from ground-up)
systemd unit, which besides the usual systemd "incantations" and the
resource limiting highlighted above, just calls `monit -c ... -I`;
nothing else is called on shutdown or restart.

My hunch is that something happens and corrupts the state file, thus
Monit recreates one from scratch;  the initial state of the services
(without a proper state file) seems to be unmonitored, thus the
situation.

Ciprian.