monit-general

Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitore

From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Subject: Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitored
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 23:36:59 +0300

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 9:31 PM Lutz Mader <lutz.mader@freenet.de> wrote:
> To do a "restart" test without a restart I stop monit and delete the
> ".monit.state" file. After monit is up again, monit can not detect the
> last state and think it is a restart.

But this is what seems strange:  in a "normal" deployment, both the
`state` and `id` files are placed under `/run`, and thus on many
distributions lost after a reboot.

However in my case, I make sure I keep these files in a persistent
folder on the disk, as such they are not lost on reboot.

Therefore I still suspect that Monit has some "reboot" detection
outside of those two files.

Ciprian.