[Monotone-devel] importing

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: [Monotone-devel] importing
Date: 05 Sep 2003 12:35:02 -0600

I notice that monotone scan and monotone import are gone.  That's
nice!

However, now I can't figure out how to import classpath.

I deleted my old database.  Then I generated a new key, cd'd to my
source tree and ran "monotone add classpath".  This prints a lot of
stuff about adding new files (nice UI btw).

Then I try to commit:

fleche. monotone commit 'imported classpath'
misuse: no branch certs found for old manifest
da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709, please provide a branch name

**** error return code 1
**********  errors detected; see standard output for details  ***********

I don't know how to interpret this.  What is the old manifest?  There
was nothing in the repository yet.

BTW, when I registered my project with savannah, they told me I could
grab all the ,v files from somewhere.  I forgot where.  Do you
remember?  It occurred to me last night that I could just grab the
monotone cvs repository and convert it to a monotone database here --
sort of the "monotone way".

Tom