Re: [Monotone-devel] importing

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] importing
Date: 05 Sep 2003 21:08:58 -0600

graydon> possibly, though that assumes a sort of 1 project <-> 1 database
graydon> relationship, otherwise which head would you mean?

Yeah, I've been assuming that model.  Otherwise don't you need general
agreement about branch names across projects?

graydon> I think I'd be happy just with a clear warning in that case,
graydon> and a separate 'branch (get|set|list)' command which operates
graydon> on the persistent MT/branch value.

What my unfinished patch does is add a new file that stores key/value
pairs.  Currently only "branch" and "database" have any meaning.
These are automatically read at startup from MT/options, then (this
bit isn't written) stored again, if needed, at exit.

I'm not sure this gives the right semantics in all cases.  Perhaps it
is smarter to have explicit commands.  That's the sort of thing you
should best decide ...

graydon> hmm, what is the sharing problem?

How do I get patches to you, given that I can't set up a depot or post
to a newsgroup?  In some ways I feel like a complete newbie.

Tom