[Monotone-devel] 0.5 release

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] 0.5 release
Date: 28 Sep 2003 01:03:12 -0400

hi,

I've released a version of monotone I'm calling 0.5. it contains a
number of correctness improvements since 0.4 -- notably related to
merging and multi-depot work -- as well as a lot of very nice UI
improvements from tromey and njs, and some infrastructure for
debugging and database migration.

this is the first version I'm publishing as binary packages (.deb and
.rpm) as well as plain static binaries, and while the packages aren't
the first I've *ever* built for these systems, I'm pretty rusty and
probably got a lot wrong. feel free to offer corrections about the
packaging.

you may notice some speed issues. it hasn't been profiled in a while
and I too am feeling it starting to slow down a bit. I'll have a look
at this sometime in the near future, along with the myriad other
interesting suggestions I've got since 0.4.

last but not least, since all good programs need mascots, I picked one
(a cute, determined looking rat) and redid the home page to include a
logo of it. I also broke out some of the home page sections into their
own pages, reduced clutter a bit.

-graydon