[Monotone-devel] Silly newbie question

From: Steven Lusk
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Silly newbie question
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:43:12 -0400

  First off, allow me to compliment you on a first rate project.  I've
only started using it, but i'm already impressed.

  I'm afraid that i'm asking a question that's in the manual, or the
FAQ, but i couldn't find it anywhere.  Apologies if my investigative
skills are sub-par.  Feel free to rtfm me.

  How do i get monotone to post to an nntp server?

  I've gathered from the man page that fetching should look something
like this:

$monotone fetch nntp://news.somedomain.org myproject

  However, the "post" command takes no arguments.  Should i be putting
something like:

function get_post_targets(branchname)
   return { {"nntp://news.somedomain.org";, "myproject"} }
end

into .monotonerc ?

  There is a great tutorial on getting depot.cgi running in the info
docs, but nothing on nntp.  Some explicit examples would be very nice.
 :)

  As an aside, i was wondering why the aforementioned .monotonerc code
is in that file.  In general, i expect that a person would
associate a project with a particular server, which implies to me that
this information could go in a projects MT directory.
  Just a thought.

  Last but not least, does monotone support nntps?  If not, any
suggestions on how to pipe it through openssl?

  TIA for any/all non-flame responses

  steve

--
http://www.galaxial.org/~steve/