[Monotone-devel] db init oddity

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: [Monotone-devel] db init oddity
Date: 28 Nov 2003 18:31:50 -0700

I've been running a test where each time through, I delete a monotone
database and start over from scratch.  About every other time I get
this:

fleche. rm ~/Monotone/Classpath.db
fleche. monotone --db=/home/tromey/Monotone/Classpath.db db init
options path is MT/options
opening rcfile '/home/tromey/.monotonerc' ... ok
executing db command

*** Error: std::runtime_error: could not open database:
/home/tromey/Monotone/Classpath.db: database disk image is malformed

**** error return code 205
**********  errors detected; see standard output for details  ***********

I don't have a truly reliable way to reproduce it.  But you can see
from the cut-and-paste above that at least the error message is
confusing.

Tom