[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone server problems

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone server problems
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:20:29 -0400

Jon Bright wrote:

Since requesting 0 bytes seems valid even if at the end of the buffer (though it's possibly a logical error to be requesting 0 bytes in the first place?).

In any event, this seemed to process much more data. Where the previous runs would get to

monotone: [bytes in: 1502181] [bytes out: 249514]

before spewing, the current one gets to

monotone: [bytes in: 5365218] [bytes out: 249514]

At this point, however, it appears to stop altogether until, on the server side:

yeah, it's just timing out, presumably because one of the things it asked for didn't get transferred yet (or was transferred with zero bytes). I'm not sure whether there are any phases in which a zero length packet is permitted. I'll look into this further.

if you wouldn't mind, it would help me to debug it if you could put the database in a wget'able place so I can get a local copy and monitor both sides of a sync with some debugging machinery in place.

(assuming the database doesn't contain secret material, that is; if you prefer I not see it, that's OK)

-graydon