Re: [Monotone-devel] A better name for "context"

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] A better name for "context"
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:27:24 +0200

Jerome Fisher wrote:

Some additional suggestions from the top of my head, in no particular order:

- "Heir"
- "Legatee"
- "Successor"
- "Descendant"
- "Usurper"
- "Progeny"
- "Progeniture"
- "Step"

Most of these I can think of objections to myself, but perhaps
additional input will help someone to think of the perfect word.

I've no strong feelings on the subject of naming (my personal opinion is that "context" would do just fine), but I would point out that calling things "Legatee", "Progeniture" and the like isn't going to help people for whom English is not a first language.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.