Re: [Monotone-devel] Netsync questions

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Netsync questions
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:30:55 -0700

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:16:22PM +0100, Mark White wrote:
> A couple more beginner questions; I'm experimenting with
> netsync and having a few issues.  First, I can't seem to
> serve multiple branches.  I have a db containing
> mjw.mt.test1 to .test3;  If I've understood correctly,
>
>   % monotone --rcfile=... --db=server.db serve localhost mjw.mt
>   monotone: including branch mjw.mt.test3
>
> with an appropriate permissions file should allow access to
> mjw.mt.*, but actually trying to access mjw.mt.test3 produces
>
>   monotone: warning: not currently serving requested collection 'mjw.mt.test3'

Serving mjw.mt allows access to mjw.mt.* _as a group_.  So if you
say
  $ monotone pull localhost mjw.mt.test3
it won't work, but if you say
  $ monotone pull localhost mjw.mt
then you'll pull all of mjw.mt.*.

If you want to be able to pull individual branches, say
  $ monotone serve localhost mjw.mt.test{1,2,3}

(It might work to serve mjw.mt as well as those, but I'm not sure what
happens with the netsync code if you have overlapping collections...)

  /* Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
   * reaper of innocent orphaned children.
   */
-- Linux kernel 2.4.5, main.c