Re: [Monotone-devel] Netsync questions

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Netsync questions
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:28:17 -0700

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:26:26PM +0100, Mark White wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith writes:
> > If you want to be able to pull individual branches, say
> >   $ monotone serve localhost mjw.mt.test{1,2,3}
> >
> > (It might work to serve mjw.mt as well as those, but I'm not sure what
> > happens with the netsync code if you have overlapping collections...)
>
> This seems to work ok for me: the server instance doesn't
> complain about including a branch in the trees for several
> collections, and the sync works correctly.

The case I'd be worried about is possible bugs lurking if you, say,
have one person syncing against mjw.mt.test1 and someone else syncing
against mjw.mt at the same time.  This is just a vague fear, though;
perhaps the wise Graydon has forseen this issue and made it all work
correctly :-).

"The problem...is that sets have a very limited range of
activities -- they can't carry pianos, for example, nor drink
beer."