[Monotone-devel] Netsync doesn't actually sync the databases

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Netsync doesn't actually sync the databases
Date: 01 Jul 2004 14:55:25 +0200

Hi,

I have a weird problem with Monotone and I have no idea
where it is coming from. I "sync" my remote database with
the main machine:

 | $ monotone sync localhost system
 | monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection system
 | monotone: including branch system.usr.src.peti
 | monotone: including branch system.etc
 | [...]
 | monotone: [keys: 3] [mcerts: 1216]
 | monotone: connecting to localhost
 | enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
 | monotone: [bytes in: 188029] [bytes out: 36435]
 | monotone: exchanged goodbyes and flushed output on fd 7
 |         (peer localhost), disconnecting

But when I say "update", nothing happens. Then I see that
the latest manifest isn't even in the remote database and
call "sync" again:

 | $ monotone sync localhost system
 | monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection system
 | monotone: including branch system.usr.src.peti
 | monotone: including branch system.etc
 | [...]
 | monotone: [keys: 3] [mcerts: 1216]
 | monotone: connecting to localhost
 | enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
 | monotone: [bytes in: 188029] [bytes out: 36435]
 | monotone: exchanged goodbyes and flushed output on fd 7
 |         (peer localhost), disconnecting

Monotone does this "sync" over and over, every time saying
it had succeeded, but no new versions ever arrive! I haven'
had this problem before, it's probably triggered by same mad
special case in my version graph. I am using Monotone
version dcbebf19bca7783aace7c39bccb41c1282a47d14.

Any ideas how to debug this?

Peter