Re: [Monotone-devel] Usage procedure for diffing

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Usage procedure for diffing
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:48:34 -0700

Henrik Holmboe wrote:
 4) I run the command 'monotone diff
    383a3ee91491bd853afbc59cc75dda74702b8b32
    5d542064d916fcb3a4c8f055d604f561bf57e450 | less' to view the
    diff. Im presented with diffs for netsync.cc but also many other
    (of my interest) irrelevant files. Could this command benefit from
    a selector to view the diff of only one file?

Perhaps Im approaching this wrong. And Im sure not that familiar with
monotone to recommend how to solve my above concerns. Please advise.

There is no nice way to do this at the moment but the work I've done on the net.venge.monotone.restrictions branch will allow diffs of specific files, subdirs, etc.

It'll probably be a short while before this is merged onto the main branch and generally available but as I understand it that is in the plans for the relatively near future. Presumably once the changeset stuff has settled down a bit.

Derek