Re: [Monotone-devel] Possible defect in branch logic in 0.15

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Possible defect in branch logic in 0.15
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:37:02 -0800

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 09:53:39AM -0500, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> I'm experiencing a problem where I'm unable to checkout a branch.
> The use case is:
>
> 1) Add source to monotone using branch "vendor".
> 2) Add a new cert to revision name "branch" with value "local".
> 3) Checkout branch "local".
> 4) Modify files, rename a few, and drop a directory tree.
> 5) Commit to branch "local".
> 6) Checkout branch "vendor".
>
> Step 6 fails with the message:
>
>   monotone: misuse: branch org.apache.lenya is empty
>
> Checking out using the ID works fine.
>
> Is this a defect or am I not using branches correctly?

It's a bug.  It's fixed in the executable at:
  http://www.fresco.org/~njs/monotone.bz2
and if you can wait a few days, it will be fixed in the repository
too, just we're having some problems with bugs there too, if you read
other recent postings...

The Universe may  /  Be as large as they say
But it wouldn't be missed  /  If it didn't exist.
  -- Piet Hein