[Monotone-devel] Possible defect in branch logic in 0.15

From: Jean Pierre LeJacq
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Possible defect in branch logic in 0.15
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:53:39 -0500 (EST)

I'm experiencing a problem where I'm unable to checkout a branch.
The use case is:

1) Add source to monotone using branch "vendor".
2) Add a new cert to revision name "branch" with value "local".
3) Checkout branch "local".
4) Modify files, rename a few, and drop a directory tree.
5) Commit to branch "local".
6) Checkout branch "vendor".

Step 6 fails with the message:

  monotone: misuse: branch org.apache.lenya is empty

Checking out using the ID works fine.

Is this a defect or am I not using branches correctly?

--
JP