[Monotone-devel] I suppose a migration problem 0.14 to 0.15

From: Gilles
Subject: [Monotone-devel] I suppose a migration problem 0.14 to 0.15
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:01:08 +0100

Hi all

Here is the problem I have with the last monotone.exe I got (win32):

E:\monotone>monotone --db=colinux.db --key="" pull monotone.colinux.org stable
monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection stable
monotone: connecting to monotone.colinux.org
monotone: warning: caught bad_decode exception decoding input from peer monotone.colinux.org: 'protocol version mismatch
: wanted '2' got '1''
monotone: [bytes in: 47] [bytes out: 0]

I suppose this is due to the version swicth between 0.14 and 0.15

I have a few questions then:
   - where can we get an old 0.14 binary version of monotone for Win32
           > otherwise
- how safe is the recommended method to migrate from pre 0.14 to post 0.15 ( just to make sure this is easily doable, for all servers without loosing anything )

Thanks in advance
-gilles