Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Portability fixes to NetBSD

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Portability fixes to NetBSD
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 05:19:01 -0800

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 10:25:15AM +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> However, I don't understand this very well yet: so far, I've been
> creating revisions on the head of the net.venge.monotone.changesets
> branch, and 'monotone heads' shows me only one head including my
> modifications.  So, IIUIC, people will keep seeing the old head
> unless you issue the cert approving my changes, right?
> [ Now that I read the manual, this looks like to be explained in the
> '3.2 Quality Assurance' section... ]

Ah, well, *cough*, at the moment the default is "trust everything in
the database", and overriding the default is not very ergonomic;
mostly we rely on just being careful with what revisions we use.
Coming up with the details of a security model to fix this is perhaps
the last major architectural thing Monotone needs... (famous last
words...)

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould