[Monotone-devel] Re: netsync doesn't do anything

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: netsync doesn't do anything
Date: 12 Apr 2005 15:34:57 +0200

Nathaniel Smith writes:

 > There is a bug in netsync such that if you have A -> B ->
 > C -> ... arbitrarily much stuff, and A is in one branch 1
 > and B, C, etc. are in branch 2, then netsync'ing branch 2
 > alone will result in the sort of behavior you're seeing.

This bug is biting me again. :-(

I have data in branches com.mycompany.xxx and
net.private.xxx, and these branches do overlap (because I
use "propagate" to synchronize stuff between my work and
home machine). My repository server knows these collections:

  com.mycompany
  net.private

So when I sync the first collection, Netsync won't work
because net.private isn't included and thus the anchestry
graph is incomplete. Then I sync the second collection and
Netsync doesn't work because com.mycompany isn't included
this time. In effect, it is impossible for me to sync either
branch! And I can't define a collection that _would_ include
both branches at the same time, so I am essentially stuck.

Any suggestions how to work around this problem?

Peter