Re: [Monotone-devel] Patch

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Patch
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:33:28 -0600

On 4/13/05, Bernhard Reiter <address@hidden> wrote:
> I like to correct those source of bugs as early as possible and
> when I started programming (over 20 years) ago,
> actually I learned that K was 1000.
> To me it was later that books started to be imprecise on that point.

It's important to note that the capital K is not an SI prefix. The
lower case k is though and means 1000. The prefix Ki has been adopted
to mean 1024, but the otherwise unused capital K has also been used
for some time to mean 1024, in contrast to the lower case k  which
means 1000. Mnemonic: K is bigger than k.

Cheers
Shaun