Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone commit without --message causes a problem.

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone commit without --message causes a problem.
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:07:28 -0500

On 4/24/05, Jared Williams <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>         Seems a commit without a message caused a problem. Doing a simple
> minor commit..
>
> >monotone commit
> monotone: beginning commit on branch 'store'
> monotone: fatal: std::exception: boost::filesystem::path: invalid name
> "/mt.2A2N9L" in path: "F:\Temp\/mt.2A2N9L"

I think the default temp_file function is broken on Windows. Does
putting the following in monotonerc help?:

function temp_file()
   local tdir
   tdir = os.getenv("TMPDIR")
   if tdir == nil then tdir = os.getenv("TMP") end
   if tdir == nil then tdir = os.getenv("TEMP") end
   if tdir == nil then tdir = "/tmp" end
   return mkstemp(string.format("%s\mt.XXXXXX", tdir))
end

The default version uses a / in the last line, which apparently
doesn't (always) get handled properly on Windows.

Tim