Fwd: [Monotone-devel] merge weirdness...

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Fwd: [Monotone-devel] merge weirdness...
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:39:51 -0500

Forgot to set this to go to the list. Blah.

On 4/26/05, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done quite a few merges and propagates from net.venge.monotone to
> net.venge.monotone.command-specific-options in the last few days, and
> found it a bit weird that the propagate (and lately, the merge) seemed
> to try to reapply exactly the same changes from one time to the other.
[...]
> Funny thing is, 'monotone lca' seems to get it right:
[...]
> Comments?

Lca uses find_least_common_ancestor, while propagate (and merge and
explicit_merge) use find_common_ancestor_for_merge. These look fairly
similar, except that the for_merge variant looks for something called
"dominators" in addition to ancestors. I have no idea what these are.

Tim