[Monotone-devel] Re: Line ending conversion

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Line ending conversion
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:54:01 +0000 (UTC)

Zbynek Winkler <zwin <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> I am looking for an alternative to subversion's "svn:eol-style=native" -
> a property used to mark files that should have the platform-native eol.
> I've found the hook |get_linesep_conv| but that would require each and
> every user separately determine and set the files. Is there anything
> that can be added to the database to make the information about the
> prefered eol-style for a file distribute in the same matter as the file
> itself? Maybe some cert? Or something in .mt-attrs?

probably selecting behavior off of the "encoding" attribute (or a separate EOL
one, since this is a related-but-different aspect of the encoding), subject to
user override, will be ok. we need to try a few variations on the idea and
revisit this. if you'd like to enter a bug, I would like to make the results
both technically satisfactory and also "pleasant to use".

-graydon