Re: [Monotone-devel] Why not sync to another local db??

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Why not sync to another local db??
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:00:02 -0700

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 10:55:01PM +0200, Michele Alessandrini wrote:
> Just for curiosity, what happen if I work with a local db, and then I start
> working against another local db by suddenly passing a different --db option?
> Can this lead to problems/dangers/corruption?

No problem; databases in monotone don't have any particulary identity.
You just have to make sure that the revision you are working against
exists in the new db.

You can do this by, e.g., seeing if
  $ monotone --db=new-db.db cat revision `cat MT/revision`
gives an error or not.

Linguistics is arguably the most hotly contested property in the academic
realm. It is soaked with the blood of poets, theologians, philosophers,
philologists, psychologists, biologists and neurologists, along with
whatever blood can be got out of grammarians. - Russ Rymer