[Monotone-devel] Strange behaviour when syncing

From: Robert Leftwich
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Strange behaviour when syncing
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:51:59 +1000

I've been using monotone for a while on my personal projects without a problem. My setup is that I dual boot my laptop between linux (ubuntu) and xp, both of which run monotone 0.18. A w2000 box also runs monotone 0.18 using the serve option and acts as a central repository. My normal mode of operation is to do some changes, commit and then sync with the repository. If I switch OSes I do a sync then an update to get back 'in sync'. This has worked well for some weeks until yesterday when I did the usual commit and then sync from linux, rebooted into xp, sync-ed, it reported [revs in: 1] as expected but when I ran the update, it reported "monotone: already up to date at ..." which was not the case as the changes had not been made in the xp code base. After spending some time trying to get things up to date via monotone and failing and as I had only made a simple change, I manually re-did it, then spent some time doing new work and committed it. 24 hours or so later I sync'ed with monotone reporting a successful 2 revs out, I booted back into linux and did a sync with the result:

    monotone: [bytes in: 6553] [bytes out: 1155] [revs in: 1] [revs out: 0]
    monotone: successful exchange with fastdual

followed by an update, which reported

    monotone: already up to date at 56ece60be1a574b54f7e130cd0caf60ed0811ef5

without actually updating anything.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue ahd how I go about fixing it?

Thanks

Robert