Re: [Monotone-devel] Performance accounting and testing patch

From: Eric Anderson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Performance accounting and testing patch
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:02:15 -0700

Nathaniel pointed out in a separate message a point I don't want to
get lost in the discussion of this patch.

The accounting stuff is OS specific, it would probably compile but not
work on a non-linux Unix platform, and may not compile on
Windows. There is probably equivalent functionality on all the other
platforms, but unfortunately resource usage is not one of the
interfaces that has been standardized.

It is easy enough to modify the patch to have ifdefs for linux around
it if people would like me to make that change.  I can also move it to
a separate file if someone would suggest an appropriate name.
        -Eric