Re: [Monotone-devel] [Fwd: monotone_0.22-1_i386.changes ACCEPTED]

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [Fwd: monotone_0.22-1_i386.changes ACCEPTED]
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:21:55 -0700

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 07:36:19PM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 07:42:46PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > Any chance for a .deb for sarge?  sarge is stable enough for a server
> > that contains precious files, and unstable is, well, unstable.
>
> Sure, if anyone wants to build it, or give me a pointer to an easy way
> to set up a sarge chroot...

So, Eric Anderson sent me a sarge .deb (thanks!).  It is also named
"monotone_0.22-0.1_i386.deb".  The easy problem is that I can't have
two files named this in the download directory; okay, rename the file
so it has "sarge" in it or something.  Harder question: is it okay to
distribute two distinct packages with the exact same version number?
What's the right way to do this sort of thing?

  /* Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
   * reaper of innocent orphaned children.
   */
-- Linux kernel 2.4.5, main.c