Re: [Monotone-devel] Drop directory on windows

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Drop directory on windows
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 03:33:36 -0700

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:42:01AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> I tried to drop a directory in my repository on windows. My problem is this
> directory contains several directories which contains directories and so
> on. I got the information:
>
> monotone: adding libs to working copy delete set
> monotone: error: sorry -- 'drop <directory>' is currently broken.
> monotone: error: try 'find libs -type f | monotone drop address@hidden'
>
> But this message is good for linux/unix but doesn't works for windows. What
> can I do ? Are there any plans to fix this issue ?

Ugh, that _is_ annoying.  Sorry about that.  In the long term, yes;
'drop <directory>' will actually work; we're working on it.  That
doesn't help you right now, though.  I'm not sure what the best way to
do this on windows is... obviously you could install mingw or cygwin
to _get_ xargs, but there must be a simpler solution...

(You could also do it by hand, I guess.  I wince at the thought, but
then, I'm used to having tools like xargs around; the people I
personally know who use windows all seem inured to doing boring
repetitive tasks by hand, so I guess I'll mention it :-)).

"The problem...is that sets have a very limited range of
activities -- they can't carry pianos, for example, nor drink
beer."