Re: [Monotone-devel] Run-time error with monotone-0.22

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Run-time error with monotone-0.22
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:15:40 -0700

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 08:56:54PM +0200, Georg Lohrer wrote:
> I pulled monotone directly from venge.net, got it as tarball from venge.net
> and downloaded the Debian-orig-package.
>
> All three built 'monotone' throw this exception after launching:
>
> address@hidden:~/projects/monotone_20050903$ ./monotone
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
>   what():  basic_string::_S_create
>
> What am I doing wrong?

I don't know -- haven't seen that error before.

What architecture is this on?

What happens if you run with --debug?

Can you get a gdb backtrace?  ("gdb monotone", "b '__cxa_throw'", "r",
<it should run for an instant and then stop>, "bt") (Need to build
monotone with -O0 -g for best results.)

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould