Re: [Monotone-devel] I think I've done something strange

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] I think I've done something strange
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 19:47:51 -0700

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 04:14:44AM +0800, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I just committed a few additional automate commands, and monotone asked
> me to do a three-way merge of the ChangeLog. I got that wrong (vimdiff
> is evil) and so fixed ChangeLog and committed. Monotone told me I'd
> created divergence, and that I should probably do a merge. I've done
> that but am now regretting it - the graph looks like:
>
> http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/revision.psp?id=5f070681fdf228195d40ff9c485abfb629104132
>
> Have I accidentally killed off some work people have done by diffing
> back to a common ancestor? If so, how should I fix it?

For the record... no problem here, Grahame just forgot to update
after merging, yes this is a UI bug, no there's nothing wrong with the
graph :-).

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco