Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Proposal for human readable revision IDs

From: Andy Jones
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Proposal for human readable revision IDs
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:50:47 +0100

I've only been using Monotone for a few weeks, and then only to
evaluate it, but already I've experienced +dozens+ of instances of
reading a revision ID out ... to myself.  I +never+ copy and paste.
For example, I often make notes about the revision history, and that
involves writing down at least part of the ID; I have to say the thing
over to myself just so I can write it down right.

I appreciate that many people copy and paste - all that means is that
we should use underscores to seperate the digit groups.