Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log data issue

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone log data issue
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:55:53 +0100

Are you saying that monotone should record the names of the files that were skipped? David Hoke writes:
The following appears to correctly add files, but incorrectly log exactly what was done. (I edited the original "junk*.txt" files, but the echo's should produce functional equivalents. Also my specific identifying information has been hand-edited.) This problem was originally observed with "live" data, and I took a guess that it might have been related to the "ignoreable" file, and attempted to recreate.
monotone db init --db=.\trymt.db
monotone --db=.\trymt.db setup --branch=com.somedomain.basebranch .\mttests
cd mttests
mkdir sub1
cd sub1
echo "junk1 file" > junk1.txt
echo "junk2 file" > junk2.txt
echo "junk1 file" > junk2.txt~
monotone add junk*
monotone: adding sub1/junk1.txt to working copy add set
monotone: adding sub1/junk2.txt to working copy add set
monotone: skipping ignorable file sub1/junk2.txt~
monotone commit --message="try to reproduce missing log entries problem"
address@hidden
monotone: beginning commit on branch 'com.somedomain.basebranch'
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden:
monotone: committed revision c1e707676d24ae9bd93c95c6ca608aefb731feb1
monotone log
Revision: c1e707676d24ae9bd93c95c6ca608aefb731feb1
Ancestor: