Re: [Monotone-devel] line endings

From: Glen Ditchfield
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] line endings
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:12:36 -0600

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 21:41, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> With this condition, a correct definition of the end-of-line sequence
> for the current platform,

I don't think Monotone should count on files obeying the platform's
end-of-line sequence.  I mostly work in Windows, but even so I have to work
with LF-only files fairly often.  Today I had to debug an Adobe FDF file that
had LF line ends, even though the web site that generated it and the web
browser that saved it were both on Windows machines.  If I were to save that
into Monotone, I think I would want it treated as text, not binary.