Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: the line-ending discussion

From: Larry Hastings
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: the line-ending discussion
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:35:46 -0800

Graydon Hoare wrote:
This is not what monotone does now, but I find it an agreeable road forwards. Does anyone disagree?
As long as the text/binary setting can be overridden on a file-by-file basis, and can be changed at whim, I think that's sufficient.  Everything else is gravy.

What form do you envision the "project policy" taking?  Lua functions that return whether a file should be binary or text, and what eol convention to use?

Finally, I think data should be explicit, rather than implicit.  Therefore I suggest that the "text / binary" attribute be an explicit per-file setting, rather than "if it's there it's one way, if it's not there it's the other way" as you suggest in your previous email.

Best wishes,

larry