Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: ideas to speed up monotone SQLite database acce

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: ideas to speed up monotone SQLite database access
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 03:23:19 -0800

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 10:38:10AM -0800, Graydon Hoare wrote:
> Huh. Weird. I did actually play with page-size adjustments quite a bit
> in older (sqlite 2) code. Then with 3, the sqlite documentation
> suggested that this twiddling was obsolete, and sqlite would
> automatically pick appropriate page sizes dynamically.
>
> If that's not true, I guess it's worth revisiting. I had thought it a
> solved issue years ago.

Hmm, I think the changes in 3 were just that you could now change it
per-db, instead of per-sqlite-library-compile.  But I don't think it
does anything magic for you, just makes life easier for people who
want to fiddle.

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco