[Monotone-devel] mtsh, monotree, monotone.el, etc.

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] mtsh, monotree, monotone.el, etc.
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:09:13 +0000

Anybody know how popular the various addons are?

I notice contrib/monotone-nav.el hasn't seen much modification, so am
I right to guess that it's not being used much?

contrib/monotone.el seems to work fine, and I've been using it
recently now and again.  Are there things missing from it?  I feel
there probably are things it could usefully do, but I find it hard to
imagine specific things I could add.  So maybe that's a sign that it's
sufficient.

I *do* use contrib/monotone.zsh_completion all the time.  I'll send a
patch updating it once rosters is more officially stable.

Which all suggests a potential new feature.  I can see why one
wouldn't want (and can't have) get_netsync_write_permitted allow or
prevent writes based on branch.

But wouldn't it be neat if somehow one could control trust based on
path?  For example you might give a whole bunch of people the ability
to change things in contrib, but not necessarily want all of them to
change things in the rest of monotone.

I imagine that could work by letting get_revision_cert_trust know
which files a revision changes, but beyond that I'm less sure.