Re: [Monotone-devel] mtsh, monotree, monotone.el, etc.

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtsh, monotree, monotone.el, etc.
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:24:08 +0100

 Bruce Stephens [Wednesday 8 February 2006] :
 > I notice contrib/monotone-nav.el hasn't seen much modification, so am
 > I right to guess that it's not being used much?

Nevers used it myself, I don't even know what i's supposed to do :)

 > contrib/monotone.el seems to work fine, and I've been using it
 > recently now and again.  Are there things missing from it?  I feel
 > there probably are things it could usefully do, but I find it hard
 > to imagine specific things I could add.  So maybe that's a sign
 > that it's sufficient.

I initially wrote monotone.el, then someone (Harley Gorrell
<address@hidden>) far more knowledgeable than me about elisp
development started rewriting this file and added
monotone-nav.el. Unfortunately he hasn't contributed since April.
Personally, I prefer my version of monotone.el, I just have feeling it
works better :)

Anyway, having a close look at monotone.el and cleaning it up is on my
list of things to do. I'm interested if you have
remarks/comments/opinions on monotone.el. I need to have a look at
this too: http://wiki.gnuarch.org/xtla#DVC

 > I *do* use contrib/monotone.zsh_completion all the time.  I'll send a
 > patch updating it once rosters is more officially stable.

Right, monotone.bash_completion needs to be updated too.

--
   Olivier