Re: [Monotone-devel] improvement of cvsimport3 test

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] improvement of cvsimport3 test
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 02:05:43 -0800

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 03:21:07PM +0100, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> as you might already know, I'm interested in correcting the cvs_import
> branchpoint problem. As a first step, I have defined a test by improving
> the cvsimport3 testcase to also check for branches and ancestory.

Oh, cool.  We definitely can use people interested in improving this.

> I commented out line 119 to still let the test pass. Just uncomment it
> if you feel experimental :-)

The convention would be to 1) leave cvsimport3 alone, so we can
continue to test the stuff that we have working now, 2) make a new
test, to test the stuff that you want to start working, 3) mark the
new test XFAIL (grep XFAIL in tests/ to see how this works).

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen