Re: [Monotone-devel] "Address family not supported by protocol"

From: Yury Polyanskiy
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] "Address family not supported by protocol"
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:41:36 -0500

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 01:54 -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi.  A error message told me to post a copy of itself here.
>
> The summary is that "monotone --db=~/libs/monotone-archive.db serve
> 10.9\9.99.3
> 1:5253 com.dlsemc.intranet" chokes and won't start up in 0.25

The problem is that your glibc returns error when monotone calls
socket() with PF_INET6 as address family. To avoid this compile monotone
with ./configure --enable-ipv6=no.

BTW I dunno if this is a bug or intended but monotone disregards what
you write after serve: i.e. if you say "monotone serve localhost:1234"
it will still open socket at 0.0.0.0:5253. To really specify addr:port
use "monotone serve --bind your.domain.com:1234".

> Corey

yury.