Re: [Monotone-devel] renaming monotone executable (again)

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] renaming monotone executable (again)
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:36:59 -0600

Larry Hastings <address@hidden>  wrote:
> I nominate "mon", "mo", and "m7".  "m7" is what I actually use.
> (The '7' represents the seven missing letters, like I18N and L10N.)
> The downside: M and 7 are both typed by the same finger on a QWERTY
> keyboard.

Yeah, [M] and [7] are about as far away as you can get with two keys
typed with one finger...   [M][T][N] on the QWERTY keyboard is fast to
type, as it uses the index fingers from both hands, and your right
index finger doesn't have to travel far to go from [M] to [N].

I vote for 'mtn'.  I also like the idea of using '*.mtn' as the
database suffix, '.mtn/', and '.mtn_*'.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/