Re: [Monotone-devel] log viewing (was Re: guitone - a Qt-frontend for mo

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] log viewing (was Re: guitone - a Qt-frontend for monotone)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:11:18 -0800

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 02:45:11PM +0000, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> I suspect it would be useful to have "monotone automate graph" take a
> list of revisions (optionally, I guess), and produce a contracted
> graph induced by those?  Then one could use "monotone automate select
> b:net.venge.monotone | monotone automate graph address@hidden" or whatever.
> (I've little idea of how to implement that efficiently.)

Sounds good to me.  I suspect you want some way to say, in the output,
which edges were contracted and which are real?

I guess you could also just check which ones were real.

I don't really know how to do graph contraction either.  I know
Olivier does!

(Maybe we should just lobby for the addition of a gitk-style pane to
monotone-viz :-).)

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music