Re: [Monotone-devel] Attribute error while rosterifying

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Attribute error while rosterifying
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:35:51 -0800

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 03:44:25PM -0600, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> Here is an error I get while rosterifying.  I suppose this is more my
> fault than a bug in monotone but I just wanted to post it here anway :).
>
> monotone: error: unknown attribute executable on path
> var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/CheckCustomerPhoneNumber.py

Perhaps you want 'db rosterify --drop-attr=executable'?  I'll edit
that error message to include a pointer to --drop-attr...

(It would be pretty trivial to hack your local copy of monotone to
just turn it into a mtn:execute attr, just search revision.cc for
"mtn:" and add another case to the munging it does... probably doesn't
make sense to fold that in upstream, though, since that attr has never
really existed...)

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco