Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.26pre3 released

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.26pre3 released
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:03:01 -0800

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 02:54:45PM +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> Hello Nathaniel,
>
> nice work, thank you! On debian testing as well as on ubuntu drapper I
> was able to compile mtn.
>
> But for some reason my testsuite is still looking for monotone under the
> old executable name. I don't know where to fix that and just used a
> symlink.
>
> # ./testsuite
> ## ------------------------------------------------ ##
> ## monotone 0.26pre3 test suite: integration tests. ##
> ## ------------------------------------------------ ##
> testsuite: error: cannot find monotone

Ah-hah, found the problem (one of the buildbots was doing this too,
but not all) -- should be fixed on mainline.

(The problem was a stray left-in check that autotest does where it
runs 'monotone --version' so it can stick it in the output file... the
rest of the test suite uses mtn, so if you really want to test
0.26pre3, you can workaround this problem by just putting something
executable named 'monotone' in your path somewhere.)

Damn the Solar System.  Bad light; planets too distant; pestered with
comets; feeble contrivance; could make a better one myself.
  -- Lord Jeffrey