Re: [Monotone-devel] Building monotone from Source

From: Matt Johnston
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Building monotone from Source
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:54:04 +0800

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:38:42AM +0200, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm currently trying to figure out how monotone can be build if the pure
> net.venge.monotone branch is checked out. I'm a beginner in the whole
> automake thing, what I've understood so far is that there has to be a
> configure.in file in order to let the `automake` command create a
> Makefile. But this is not in place... do I have to checkout another
> branch where this is included?

The Makefile.in file and others are created by automake
from Makefile.am. Monotone uses configure.ac rather than
configure.in, which is included.

To generate them all, try

AUTOMAKE=automake-1.7 ACLOCAL=aclocal-1.7 autoreconf --install

The INSTALL file included in the monotone dir has some
instructions.

Matt