Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems syncing with venge.net

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems syncing with venge.net
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:37:44 -0700

On 4/5/06, Alex Queiroz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> On 4/5/06, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, the reply-to header doesn't seem to be set in this list and the
> > stupid Thunderbird mail program only replies on the List-Id field when
> > doing "Reply All", and not "Reply". I'll try and check this next time I
> > send a message.
> >

>      It's not Thundebird that's stupid. Gmail acts the same way and I
> was bitten more than once. We just happen to be used to lists that set
> the Reply-To header in emails.

And, of course, the nice thing about gmail is that if you get multiple
copies of the same e-mail it treats them as the same e-mail.

I'm never sure whether people are on the lists I reply to or not. I
just hit reply-all and hope it  gets there. IMHO most lists should
just change the reply-to header to be the list only to alleviate the
problem.

--
Justin Patrin