Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems syncing with venge.net

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Problems syncing with venge.net
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:02:37 -0700

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 06:37:44PM -0700, Justin Patrin wrote:
> I'm never sure whether people are on the lists I reply to or not. I
> just hit reply-all and hope it  gets there. IMHO most lists should
> just change the reply-to header to be the list only to alleviate the
> problem.

Dude, we are so not discussing this.  I know you're expressing an
opinion in good faith and not trolling intentionally or anything, but
it is the bikeshed to end all bikesheds, it has been exhaustively
demonstrated that both sides are wrong, and the list is just going to
stay the way it is.

(Anyone who _hasn't_ sat through interminable off-topic threads about
this before, but would like to, should feel free to google "reply-to
munging" and pick one of the hundreds that pop up :-).)

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

"The problem...is that sets have a very limited range of
activities -- they can't carry pianos, for example, nor drink
beer."